COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie can be useful since it allows us to recognize your device the next time you visit or navigate through our website. And, if you use an online “shopping basket”, cookies allow us to keep track of the products you added to your shopping cart.
- to enable the proper functioning of our website (strictly necessary and functional cookies);
- to generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our website by the public in order to optimize our website and services (performance cookies);
- to make the internet offer more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interests and to personalize the ads and content on our website and newsletters based on your interests and click and surf behavior (advertising cookies);
- to offer you the possibility to share or like information on our webpages via the different social media channels and use your social media credentials to log in to our website (social media cookies).
STRICTLY NECESSARY AND FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Some cookies ensure that certain functions and parts of the website function well and that your preferences remain known to us. For example, cookies can be used to remember your display preferences (e.g. language, font size), the contents of your shopping basket, to render fonts and make a responsive website perfectly fitted for your device, or to remember a search term or a chosen filter you used.
- authentication of users for a secured login;
- remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing;
- remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don't have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
- passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.;
- storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen's resolution details;
- reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts;
- loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible;
- offering the option of storing log-in details so that you don't have to enter them every time;
- making it possible to place a reaction on our website.
To generate overall statistics and gain insight into the use of our website by the public and in order to optimize our website and services we use several (third party) tools to improve our internet offer. For this purpose, we create (pseudonymized) user profiles on the basis of so-called usage data for market research and needs-based design of our online offer. If you do not agree with the creation of a pseudonymized user profile, you can object at any time. For this, please use the contact options specified under this policy or click on the several opt-out options as mentioned below.
|What tools do we use it for?|
|Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics uses "cookies" that allows us to analyze the use of our website and to compile reports on website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. You can prevent collection and storage of data by Google Analytics by installing the Browser Add-on Google offers here.|
|Usabilla||To collect onsite feedback and run onsite survey's (campaigns) we use a service offered by Usabilla. During a campaign, Usabilla may store cookies on your device to ensure that the right users see the right campaign at the right time. When you provide us with your feedback or participate in a campaign, the following information may be collected and transferred to the servers of Usabilla: operating system, device type, browser type and version, viewport or screen size, browser language, page load time, URL, referrer-link, total time spent on the page or in a campaign, email address if provided, scores and responses you have provided in the feedback forms.|
Our aim is to provide visitors to our website with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavor to adapt our site as much as possible to every visitor. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements shown on the Internet and through the newsletters we send.
To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire a picture of your likely interests on the basis of our websites that you visit in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various groups of customers.
|What tools do we use?|
|etracker||We use technology from etracker to collect and store data for marketing research and optimization purposes. User profiles can be created under a pseudonym from this data, for which cookies may be used. The data collected using etracker technologies will not be used to personally identify the visitor of this website and will not be merged with personal data of the bearer of the pseudonym without the separate consent of the person concerned. The collection and storage of data can be objected to at any time via this opt-out link.|
|BlueConic||To analyze your click behavior when visiting our website and other channels, we use the technology Customer Data Platform (CDP) from the company BlueConic. For this purpose, BlueConic stores a first-party cookie, and when allowed by your browser also a third-party cookie, on your device - which contains a unique identifier. Based on the data which can be retrieved from these cookies, a visitor’s profile is built with the goal to personalize content on our website including advertisements, and emails we might send.
Within CDP we can decide to use external trackers which will allow us to track your activity outside our website, to see for example when a newsletter, e-mail, or web page has been viewed or whether a hyperlink has been clicked. These trackers might also be used in our social channels, like Facebook, Twitter etc. to be able to recognize the social origin of visitors to our website.
SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
We use plugins from various social networks on this website. These plugins give you the opportunity to “share” and “like” content on our website or make it possible to log in to your account by using your social media credentials. In detail, the plugins mentioned below can be used throughout our website.
|What tools do we use?
Facebook Social Plugins
|Plugins used include those of the Facebook social network. The Facebook plugins can be recognized by the Facebook logo or the so-called "Like-Button" on our website.
|Facebook Connect||Our website supports the login service "Facebook Connect". The use of this feature is up to you. If you are registered on Facebook, you can use the Facebook Connect function on our website to log in to our website without having to register with us, and without having to enter the data required for registration on our website. In order to enable this function, your browser already retrieves corresponding scripts and buttons (buttons) on the first loading of our page from Facebook servers, via which the Facebook Connect function can be activated.
|In addition, we use the functions of Twitter. If you use Twitter and especially the function "Re-Tweet", Twitter links your Twitter account with the website you use. This will be announced to other users on Twitter, especially your followers. In this way, there is also a data transfer to Twitter.
HOW TO CONTROL YOUR COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your device and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being used. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
CONTACT AND COMPANY DETAILS
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS GB LTD.
Oosterdoksstraat 80, 1011 DK Amsterdam
Data Protection Officer:
First Privacy GmbH,